Stefano Basagni holds a Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the
University of Texas at Dallas (December 2001) and a Ph.D. in computer science from the
University of Milano, Italy (May 1998). He received his B.Sc. degree in computer
science from the University of Pisa, Italy, in 1991. He is currently an
associate professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at
Northeastern University, in Boston, MA. He is also affiliated with Northeastern's Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things.
Dr. Basagni's current research interests concern research and implementation aspects of mobile networks and wireless communications systems, wireless sensor networking for IoT (underwater and terrestrial), definition and performance evaluation of network protocols and theoretical and practical aspects of distributed algorithms.
Dr. Basagni has published over ten dozen of highly cited, refereed technical papers and book chapters. His h-index is currently 46. He is also co-editor of three books. Dr. Basagni served as a guest editor of multiple international ACM/IEEE, Wiley and Elsevier journals. He has been the TPC co-chair of international conferences such as ACM Dial M for Mobility (2004), Med Hoc Net (2006), IEEE SECON (2010), IEEE Globecom (AHSN Symposium, 2012), IEEE MASS (2012), IEEE WiMob 2013, IEEE ICNC (NAPE Symposium, 2015), IFIP Wireless Days 2016, ACM WUWNet (2017), IEEE ICNC (WAHS Symposium, 2018), Med Hoc Net (2018), IEEE ICNC (NAPE Symposium, 2019) and of IEEE IEEE DCOSS 2021. He was the general co-chair of IEEE SECON 2019 and of ACM WiNTECH 2020.
Dr. Basagni serves as a member of the editorial board, the organizing committee
and of the technical program committee of ACM and IEEE journals and
He is a distinguished scientist of the ACM
(including the ACM SIGMOBILE), a senior member of the IEEE
and Communications societies),
a member of ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) and of
CUR (Council for Undergraduate Education).
This is my Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum
updated January 2021, along with my
Philosophy of Teaching
statement and my
Statement of Research and Research Interests
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2017, May NU COE Best Research Team award, with professors Chowdhury, Melodia, and Yeh.
- 2016, November Research on underwater networking featured on WIRED magazine.
- 2015, November Distinguished scientist of the ACM and of its Special Interest Group ACM SIGMOBILE.
- 2009 NU COE Outstanding Teacher Award.
- 2009 Editor of Year Award from the Elsevier's Ad Hoc Networks journal, for his outstanding research achievements throughout the year.
- 2009-2017 Listed in the Montclair Who's Who in North American Colleges and Universities.
- 2003-2017 Listed in the Academic Keys Who's Who in Engineering Education (WWEE).
- 2006-2017 Listed in the Marquis' Who's Who in America.
- 2006, April Senior member of the IEEE and of its Computer and Communications societies.
Send a line with (nice) suggestions to
Copyright © Dr. Stefano Basagni 2021.